[email protected] +61-433-428504

Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)


Skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory government in Australia can live and work in Australia as a permanent resident under the 190 visa.


  • Have a 190 visa occupation that is relevant.
  • Analyze your abilities in relation to the job.
  • Pass the 65-point points test (as of 8 June 2020).
  • Be nominated by a federal, state, or local government.
  • Submit a letter of intent and you'll be invited to apply.
  • You must be between the ages of 18 and 44.
  • Have command of the English language.
  • Meet the physical and character standards.

The process

Each state and territory government has its own list of in-demand vocations in their jurisdiction. There may be additional criteria based on your work experience, English language proficiency, or specialised talents.

Submit an expression of interest (EOI) with details about your nominated occupation, abilities, and qualifications through SkillSelect. SkillSelect will calculate a points score for you; if your score is high enough, Australian state and territory government agencies will be able to view your EOI and determine whether or not to nominate you.

You will be requested to apply for the visa if you are recommended by a state or territorial agency. If you are invited, you will have 60 days to apply for a visa. Your visa application will then be processed by us.

Points score

You must be able to meet the points requirement specified in your invitation letter. This score will be at least 65 points. The information in your EOI is used to calculate the score for your invitation letter. When you are invited to apply for the visa, you must be able to meet the points score eligibility.

Points test

Calculate your test score using the points table.

  • Language proficiency in English.
  • Expertise in the workplace.
  • Qualifications.
  • Australian educational requirements.
  • Specialist education is required.
  • Points for partners.
  • Other considerations.

Can i apply in Australia or overseas?

When you file your Expression Of Interest, you can be in or out of Australia. When applying for a Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated Visa, you might be in Australia or abroad. To lodge from within Australia, you must have a substantive visa or a Bridging A, B, or C visa. If you apply from within Australia, you will be granted a bridging visa, allowing you to remain in the country while your visa application is being processed. If your existing visa is refused or cancelled, you may be unable to apply for a 190 visa while in Australia.

Assessing authorities

Use the assessment authority mentioned in the applicable list of qualified skilled occupations next to your specified occupation.

What you can do with a 190 visa?

This is a long-term visa. It enables you to:

  • Continue to reside in Australia indefinitely.
  • In Australia, you can work and study.
  • Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s health-care insurance programme.
  • Sponsor qualified family members for permanent residency.
  • For five years, I travelled to and from Australia.
  • If you are eligible, apply for Australian citizenship.


In your application, you may include your partner as well as your or your partner’s child or step-child. Family members who are given the visa have the same privileges as you and can do the same things.

Your obligations

You and your family members must abide by Australian laws as well as your visa duties. Your visa criteria can be found on VEVO. You also owe duties to the state or territory that nominated you.


You have five years after the visa is approved to travel in and out of Australia as many times as you wish.


From AUD 4,045. You might have to pay additional costs.