[email protected] 0292644599

Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)


You can come to Australia to marry your fiancé if you have this visa. Before your Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300) expires,you should marry your fiancé and apply for a Partner (subclass 820 and 801) visa too.


Follow are the eligibility criteria where you must:

  • Intend to marry your fiancé.
  • Know your spouse and should’ve met him/her.
  • Be in appropriate health and meet character requirements.
  • Be of at least 18 years or above.

In order to be married, a Prospective Marriage visa allows the fiance of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to travel to Australia. Also, if an applicant wants to be eligible to apply for a Partner Visa, the marriage should take place in the time of nine months of the visa grant date. The minimum requirements are described further.



Relationship requirements for you and your fiance are as follows:

  • No close blood relations and must be above 18 years.
  • Intend to marry with each other.
  • Get married genuinely within 9 months of visa grant date.
  • Should know each other personally and must have met physically.
  • As a married couple, you should be genuinely intend to live together.


Your Sponsor:

  • Must be an eligible New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
  • Must not have sponsored a fiancé, spouse or partner for migration to Australia within the last 5 years and should not have sponsored more than one fiancé, partner or spouse for migration to Australia [Compelling circumstances are exceptions].
  • When asked to provide police checks to the department, he must provide it.
  • Agree to have the ministry disclose to the applicant(s) you are sponsoring any conviction for a “relevant offence”.

Your sponsorship will not be approved if you are found guilty of a relevant offence and have a significant criminal record.

Application process

This application is filed with the Ministry of the Interior (DOHA) on behalf of you and your sponsor. The primary criterion is that the report has.

This visa is valid for 9 months and enables you to travel to Australia prior to being married to your fiance. When your application is lodged and visa is granted, you must be outside Australia.The marriage must take place during the validity period of your visa, that is to say within nine months of the date of issuance of the visa. It can take place within Australia or abroad.

Next steps: partner visa

Once you have arrived in Australia and your marriage has taken place, you can apply for a partner visa. This request must be filed before your potential marriage visa expires. Requirements for a Partner visa are as follows:

  • There’s a mutually exclusive relationship between you and your partner.
  • The relationship is authentic and ongoing.
  • You are living together or separated only temporarily.

If you can meet the relevant criteria, you will be issued a temporary partner visa, which is valid for a “withdrawal period” of roughly two years from the filing date of the application. Upon completion of this two-year period, you will be allowed a permanent partner visa, as long as your relationship continues to meet the requirements mentioned above.


Preparing and lodging your application might approximately take several weeks and the time taken largely depends on how quickly you (and your sponsor, if applicable) provide us with the required information and documents.

It is upto time service standards, the time required for DOHA to process and might vary because of a number of other factors like complexity of your case, perceived risk factors and processing priorities. Feel free to contact us for current information regarding processing timeframes for this type of application.


You are allowed to stay only for 9 months.

Processing time

It takes almost 23 to 28 months to process the application.

What you can do

This visa allows you to:

  • Travel and stay in Australia for 9 months.
  • Work in Australia.
  • Study in Australia on your own initiative.
  • Travel from Australia to overseas whenever you want. Special conditions apply for New Zealand citizens.

Additional family members

For any children applying for a visa with you, there’s a fee amount.

Other costs

You need to pay for health checks, police certificates and biometrics if you need to have the children.

Partner visa (subclass 820 and 801)

You need to pay a particular fee for your Partner Visa (subclass 820 and 801).

You will have to pay a reduced fee if you marry your fiancé and lodge your Partner visa application before your Prospective Marriage visa expires.

You will have to pay a higher fee if you do not lodge your Partner visa application before your Prospective Marriage visa expires.


When your decision is made for a Prospective Marriage Visa and you lodge your application, you must be outside Australia.

How long the visa lasts

From the date of issue, the visa lasts for 9 months and can not be extended.


While writing your application, you can include your dependent children or stepchildren.

Your children will have the same rights and conditions as you have, if you are granted the visa.

Your obligations

Before the Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) expires,You should marry your fiancé and apply for a Partner visa (subclass 820 and 801).

You and your children must be compatible with the Australian government and Visa conditions.

Through VEVO, you will be able to find your visa conditions.



It is necessary that the sponsor must be the fiance of the visa applicant.